Friday 1 April 2016

Don't Blame It On The #Hawk


Hi again

Just the other day I was complaining about the absence of birds in the vicinity and I put the blame on this hawk for frightening the birds away.

The hawk was not about to grab some other birds but it was about to scratch its head which I missed to photograph...sigh... slow me..

It was not attacking anybody but only wailing 'tweeeek  tweek...tweeeek..tweek'

No hoh! no hah!..only tweeeek...tweek....

I don't understand why it was  'tweeeek..tweek' ing  intermittently all day from very early morning into night falls. Even if the bird was not perched at that particular branch of the dried tree its soulful cry could still be heard.

From the first time I sighted it until at the time of continuing writing on this April fool day it has been three weeks.

Why would this bird stay on here for so long. May be there is a nest in the trees further back. If I were a boisterous young fellow I would have gone to explore. The time has past me.....

If my mother is still around then she might tell a story or two about hawks and crows. People of older generations had lots of superstitions. Birds can be messenger of fears or wonders depending on beliefs of people of the different cultures.

Me? If I pay too much attention to the sound of this bird I kind of like feeling some eeriness. Otherwise it is just another sound of nature. Too old to be affected.....

Well I was wrong blaming this hawk. I have  not seen it attacking any bird flying around or perching on the same tree instead the hawk itself was attacked by another big bird as I mentioned in my previous post here.

May be it does not eat small birds it will attack bigger birds that will give it a challenge. If that is the case this hawk has pride. That's why I think hawk appears in so many logos and emblems even rugby team and helicopters are named hawk....

A bird perched on the same tree
relek je..

Sometimes birds congregated here, though the hawk was not on the tree at the same time its call in the background was loud and clear...relek je ta de ape ape pun...

More birds ...

Even in the other favorite bird spot nearby birds came back to perch. So there were birds with many kinds of  calls but none can match the cry made by the hawk except the calls made  the #koels. They were like challenging each other. Bird orchestra.

So these two three days I was shooting around since birds seemed to come back and I am also trying out my new super zoom Nikon P900. The camera is a little heavier because of the longer lens. If I go on the maximum and when I got excited and not so steady then my picture blurs. If my picture appear substandard please excuse me. Can't get the same moment one so got to put up what is available.

Some pictures taken

Moon in the afternoon

The hawk pulling up its tail in a grooming session

Looking out for insect ?

Its better if you don't come...

Welcome back ...

Count on me i am always around..

Me too.....

There are more photos. Will be putting it up for future posts.

So till then...

bye....


No comments:

Post a Comment