Friday 5 January 2018

White Headed Munias Cheer Up The Day

Hi everyone

Almost every friend I met had wished me a happy new year.  Wishing new year has become automatic, fake or true we don't care. Just say thank you and wish them back sincerely. Ya lets hope we go through the next twelve months and beyond in happiness.

People are talking about making new year resolutions as always. Do you? Me, I don't have a list. I don't want to add any to the bag log of the previous years'. Seldom ever reaching my goals. Anyway at this age why should I bind myself with promises of to do or to be. Life for me would just go on with not much interests to look forward to. 😔

Ah no point being pensive and feeling melancholy, cheer up! Just get on to do what is best for now.

White-headed bird fresh and active in the morning

I have wanted to restart my health/fitness walk as soon as possible since I have neglected it in the past weeks. So on the very first day of the new year I have started my walk.

Gloomy weather, a warning of possible rain giving me uncertainty. Let not the gloom affects our spirit.

I started out on my walking albeit with hesitance. True enough, half way I decided not to proceed. I made a turn and head back for the house after about one and a half kilometer thinking that if I didn't I may be caught in the rain as the sky was getting darker.

The weather was just teasing, the rain was yet to fall or would it not come at all?  Not satisfied with the short walk I drove to a park by the seaside to continue my walking.

I like this place because it is quiet and scenic where you can enjoy being alone, to think or to reflect , without much distraction.


Disappointingly I found the place has been turned to a camping site by picnickers who stayed overnight  (or were they the new year revelers catching up on lost sleep?).

I walked on anyway, but just for a while  because I felt a little awkward with so many people idling around . I ended my walk. Obviously that was not enough exercise. Perhaps I would continue in the evening.

By early afternoon it rained . It rained hard and the wind came on strong . . .until it caused my pokok to tumbang . It rained into the night . . . I ended up staying indoor the rest of the day . . .

My dracaena plant once discarded but recovered to green my porch

Has the weather got any connection with our moods?  I don't feel like doing anything in this kind of weather except may be to relax on the sofa  and entertain myself to some old pictures.

Here, these were taken on my previous birding expedition walk around.







These are white-headed munias . Small but very active and "talkative". Supposed to be a common bird. But I only have seen them once or twice around my area. The picture was taken in May last year.

There are more interesting pictures in my album. I will share them in future blog posts.


Cheers.



4 comments: