Monday 6 November 2017

The Night Run

Hi everyone

There was a running event last Saturday night, 4th November 2017, The Putrajaya Night Marathon 2017.



Quit At Never

A few thousand people took part in the various categories. I , of course joined in the lowest category i.e the Fun Run hehe.

We went there after the maghrib because our event starting time was at nine pm. Oh my. . . the place was packed and looking for a place to park our small car took some time. But then if you are with the young people, don't you worry, some how they can squeeze in for a spot to park.


We adjourned to the starting place.
This was my second time joining such an event and I think I have improved a bit. Of course I don't expect to be a good runner at my age. Sedar lah diri haha . But this time around I did more running than walking . I thought so but I was not sure. My daughter who purposely tagged along behind me through out the distance confirmed it and applauded by my sis and niece heheh.

I felt more confident. My run or my walk was more smooth. During the run I quietly picked my competitor. Ah there, one who was a generously endowed, but looked very high spirited doing his best to keep on  running. Whenever he overtook me I upped my pace to be ahead of him. The challenge kept me going and going and  as the tag line of the race say, quit at never. I managed to complete the run but really I didn't mind at the end of it all, my rival won hehe.

After the finish I felt okey not like before when I felt like I was getting into a blackout. Perhaps this time I was better prepared  . . . yes like taking proper food and had enough sleep and rest the day and on the day before the run.  They say you have to start carbo-loading a day before the run. But really , I laugh, what carbo-loading, I have been loading everyday hahahah.

Earlier in the day I was at a friend's for a kenduri. I had to excuse myself early.  I refrained from loading myself with the fiery curry and rendangs , yah thinking about the night run. Lucky there was a caklempung to take away my attention from all the good scrumptious spread.

Enjoyed the caklempung earlier in the day
It is a good advice actually, be a little disciplined have enough rest and proper food prior to the race or any heavy exercise besides putting in more practice.

When I got home I thought I would be tired and would fall asleep fast. No. In fact after bathing and then eating a little I felt so fresh. Tried to sleep but sleep wouldn't come. Perhaps the adrenaline was still merrily flowing hours after the run. That's what I experienced.





I know when I joined the run I won't gain anything in material and far from expecting a winning  medal or anything like that but the experience is good for body and soul. I feel the family love and support.  I feel happy. I burnt a lot of calories. I feel healthy.

So there a short account of my experience for me to share with you, dear readers.

Till next entry.


Bye . . .


4 comments:

  1. A good & healthy sport..Kat tempat saya tak ada event malam macam ni...Kalau tak for sure saya pergi..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sayang . . . kalaulah berdekatan boleh join sekali.

      Delete
  2. Tahniah can finish till end of the line. Mama X penah lagi walk or run. Tgk kawan2 buat aje

    ReplyDelete