Sunday 25 October 2020

Slow Walk In The Park

Hi 

It was many years ago that I first visited the botany garden in Putrajaya. I have forgotten what I saw there and what I gained by visiting the place but I remember it was very green.

For a long time I have wanted to go there again but never made it though it is just a short drive from our 'second' home. In a year I might be there a few times but only stay home and don't go out much. 

With the MCO and travel restriction recently I was stuck at home here but that was the time I felt I really wanted to go jalan jalan. Such is human nature in me that when there is time, time is not managed well. 

Last August I was there again at the second home, then came all the girls to join me as they didn't have a plan for the short school holiday. There are many places of interest in Putrajaya where the girls can go for an excursion. Might as well come here no need to spend much on trips elsewhere. Anyway quite risky for them to go traveling at a time of Covid 19.  

We decided to visit the botany garden though I think the girls are not really interested in trees and plants. Maybe just go for a picnic or do activities like a bicycle ride or just walking around to enjoy the place.

The place was quiet, not many visitors seen and all activities like tram ride were not available. This pandemic time, caution takes over. People prefer to stay away from others. In fact, some people came earlier and were going off when we arrived. They came for a power walk maybe.

As we strolled following the track the sun was already high but the atmosphere made cool by the vegetation which was quite dense. Of course, it should be if not it won't be called a botany garden. But in my heart, I would say it's not enough, it should be more jungle-like and more green and shady.

There is a beautiful lake. Calm blue water. There are some trees in the lake but I could not see any water birds, maybe they were hiding, but found a tortoise swimming.

We stopped at the lakeside, nice cool breeze blowing as we enjoyed the nasi lemak brought from home. Didn't feel like getting up to complete the track after that . . .  ahh we continued . . . at a much slower pace.



















In water, the tortoise is not so slow



Till next entry. 

Stay safe.




16 comments:

  1. Great moments with the young ones. No need to rush and enjoy the calmness and lack of people around. Take care Aunty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not many people around feel like we own the place hehehe

      Delete
  2. haven't been there yet.. looks nice..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't miss this park and a number other parks if you go to Putrajaya

      Delete
  3. Dalam air tortoise lagi laju berenang. Nice walk

    ReplyDelete
  4. A moments to remember.
    So nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sekali sekala jln dengan keluarga seronok juga

      Delete
  5. Taman botani putrajaya ke..? Tak pernah ke sana lagi.. nanti akan datang boleh ke sana ni...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wonderful to be able to walk in the midst of lush greeneries. I love walking in the park as well. Inhaling breathes of fresh air calms the mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so cool under those big and tall trees and sitting by the lake side feel so relaxing

      Delete