Thursday 21 May 2020

Raya Is Coming

Hi

Yes, Raya is coming in just a few days. I don't do much preparation because no one is coming home since there is still the movement restriction between states. So children and cucus won't be here but it is ok there is always the next Raya. 

No going out for Raya shopping. In a way it is good I can save but then what is the money for. Just read this morning, people are encouraged to spend, don't be afraid to spend said the minister, it's good for the country's economy. I don't have much anyway.

The COVID 19 pandemic has made everything go slow including dampening our mood for Raya shopping.

No baju Raya this year. But also none for last year's, for me, don't really matter. It is once a year buying for hubby actually. No new baju melayu this time. The Omar Ali baju melayu which daughter bought in the past years they are still good. Anyway, his Raya prayer this year will just be at home. Suppose he is not going to dress up hehe.

There will be no takbir group coming on the eve because the gathering of people is not allowed. Yes, can, but only 20? It was usually a full house. How do I select who can come and who cannot. No need to fuss, I skip it this year. Less hassle for me as the woman of the kitchen. At heart, I miss the kelam kabut situation, though.

Since no takbir, there will be no children coming over. So no need to put money ready in beautiful envelopes meant for the children who would follow their fathers here. Anyway for own cucus bank transfer has been executed.

No Raya baking. Who is going to consume all the cakes and cookies? Perhaps I just make one or two or maybe make simple rendang to eat with bread for Raya breakfast. Really a simple and modest way to celebrate.

Usually, there will be hype as the big day is approaching but I don't sense it yet. Maybe because I am living here where everything goes a little slower unlike in the big city. Or maybe because I have not left the house since the beginning of the lockdown that I don't know what's going on outside my sphere.

But you know a Whatapps video I received yesterday jump-started my Raya mood. Heard the joget Raya and seeing people earnestly tidying up their place to usher in the auspicious day makes me want to do the same. The spirit of Raya is coming to shine.


The girls doing their operation raya

Today, happily I baked some cookies. Then made rempeyek, a savory snack that I have never made before. Since it is my first time it is far from the desired result. I fixed it by putting the lot in the oven. Hah, it is better. I just tasted it during the fasting break.


Taste better than its look

Homemade rempeyek , what a name :))

Though MCO is just partial I prefer not to go out. I will have a quiet Raya at home, no open house, no visiting no nothing, better not to risk the safety of own self and others.

Bye till next entry . . .






6 comments:

  1. Selamat Hari Raya! Stay safe and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri.
    Mohon kemaafan sekiranya ada tak sengaja perkataan yang menguris hati selama ini.

    Sama lah kita Aunty tiada shopping baju raya tahun ni.
    Syukur baju raya tahun lepas pun anak2 masih muat lagi dan boleh kira sebelah tangan baru berapa kali dipakai.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Selamat Hari Raya TK, semoga TK dan anak2 tetap gembira pada raya ini. Baju raya selalunya di pakai sekali sekala saja dan masih elok walau pun sudah setahun dua.

      Delete
  3. That's one of my favourites - Rempeyek! I can see they look crispy and tasty, yum yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tahun yg Raya Dan ramadhan yg Paling berbeza

    ReplyDelete