Thursday 28 May 2020

Housebound

Hi

This year the Raya is very quiet. My first day was spent at home and most of the time alone. Though travel within states is allowed I did not follow hubby back to kampung which is about 60 kilometers away. Preferred to stay home and munch my homemade rempeyek hehe. Very crunchy, best in the world hah. (Actually half of the lot ended in the waste bin . . . shhh)

Really it is very different from the Raya of the past years. No family meetup except virtually. We had a zoom meeting among family, those living far and near. There was not only joy and laughter but also a tinge of sadness.  Raya makes you feel nostalgic sometimes.

On the second day, it was the same, no one came to visit, anyway, Raya visiting was not allowed anymore, I think. Hubby has started his Puasa Enam so in the morning I awoke early to reheat food for his sahur. Well just press the microwave to on . . .

Anyway, it is nice to start the day early . . . at around 630am I started exercising. Just do some light exercise. The body has been in idle mode for so long . . . 

I exercise in the front yard and after getting warmed up I ventured out to the outside to walk up and down the slope nearby a few times. I bluff if I say that is a no sweat. Hah . . . yes, a little breathless. 

Ah, why not go for a seaside walk. I stopped going to the beach since the start of the MCO. I miss the sea air, miss the sea view. If lucky I will see some eagles flying or some other birds among the tangled mangrove roots. Today the birds seemed to come out here in my home vicinity and I presumed there would be more at the seaside.

A few minute's drive I reached my destination. As I happily swung to turn my foot automatically pressed on the brake. The entrance was taped. I drove on to another spot, the road down to the beach was also blocked. Little I realized that all the favorite beach spots are sealed up although the MCO has been relaxed.

Though the restriction movement is not as strict as during the earlier phase of lockdown and you are not 100 percent forcefully housebound you are still not really free to go or to park yourself where you like. And it is said that the end of this pandemic is nowhere near, so how?

Never mind, I just walk and do bird watching at home.

Got it!











This bird must have lost its way and got separated from the flock. It came here a few times at the same time of the day. Its sound is quite loud and sharp.

It looks like a water/marine bird, I am not sure. It landed just a short while here and then flew off towards the sea.


See you, next entry . . . bye.


9 comments:

  1. Selamat hariraya maaf zahir batin dari mama sekeluarga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rempeyek my favourite. Alas, no Rempeyek for me raya this year.
    Maybe next time can share how to make crisps Rempeyek.
    This is one of the things I like to make at least once in the life time. But totally forgot to try during this idle PKP.
    True. After been cooped inside for long time, my fitness is deteriorating, easily breathless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first time making it. Sebab PKP tak tau nak buat apa lagi so try making this. Tak berapa menjadi.
      Itu lah rasa badan tak macam sebelum PKP

      Delete
  3. You will never feel bored because your place is surrounded by beautiful bird like this!
    Selamat Hari Raya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes now the bird is coming with a friend. Its a thrill to see them here.
      Thanks Jade C.

      Delete
  4. wak pon sukak rempeyek kacang tanah., ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful visitor https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_painted-snipe

    ReplyDelete