Tuesday 19 March 2019

Do My Bit

Yesterday was quite an interesting Sunday for me. Took part in a charity run organized by the Breast cancer Support Society NS.

My sister and I took part in the 3-kilometer fun run.

I would be boasting if I say it was a no sweat for me. At this age, if you start off running to compete with the youngsters you'll end up panting by the time you reach 50 meters . . . only . . . hehe, need to be calm to run or walk steadily to the finish line. My sister started slow but later overtook me and finished so much earlier. I was left behind :(

My daughter and my niece took part in the no fun 10-kilometer  run. The two were among the early finishers. Kudos to the two high spirited gals.

As the run took place on the home ground and seeing many familiar faces in the crowd I felt comfortable to stay back after my run to join their other program like the aerobics exercise and listen to a short talk on breast cancer by a breast cancer survivor. Then, of course, we waited for the lucky draw. It was worth waiting, one of us was lucky indeed :)

Had a heavy lunch while enjoying the sea breeze at the club. We thought we deserved a big lunch after burning a lot of calories earlier. In such a hot day it was nice to linger on and do nothing and just keep on sitting and talking.

But the reality of life struck. Everyone has a job or work waiting.

By late evening I was on my way to KL for family duty. As I reached the city night was falling and the air was hazy and smoky with traffic fumes. Nobody likes it including me!



How much I like my own quiet place and don't like to be away from home I just can't ignore the "sos" from family members.

Sometimes we wish our time is all for ourselves but it is noble to reserve some of our time and energy for others.


The race kits for us  

After the 10-kilometer run
Garlanded with the medal on arrival at the finish line


A person who needs care, she herself is so caring 

Till next entry, bye.



8 comments:

  1. Wow! tahniah sis.
    Mrs.A admire tau your active lifestyle.
    Join tak Georgian charity run on 13th April nanti?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      Terpaksa active nak jaga kesihatan.
      Seronok jugak kalau join tetapi tak boleh.

      Delete
  2. This is a fun read for me. I'm not into running but do admire those who do. Well done you! Hope you are fit to do this sport always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saya dah lama tinggal aktiviti begini. Memang stamina merudum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saya pun kurang stamina lebih berjalan dari belari :))

      Delete