Tuesday 3 September 2019

The Replacement


Hi friends 


This entry was in my Word document and I forgot all about it. It is about to be deleted but I decided to publish it anyway though the story is outdated. 

-----------------------------------------

This entry is not about me enjoying a hobby or a pastime. But this is something important that determines whether we can continue to have cheer in life. For without it in good condition we go into misery. To lose it is something to be regretted if even just one. 

In the end it has to go. 

What? 

A tooth. 

The second doctor I went to said it had to go although at the time I went to see him the pain has reduced. 

I was not convinced when the first doctor I went to said it earlier even after she pointed out the problem to me. I thought it still could be saved. I sayang this tooth because a root canal treatment and crowning had been done on it. 

So she was correct after all.

I went to the second doctor because I have confidence in him. He once refused to extract my aching tooth even when I begged him to do it. He did a laser treatment on the gum and the tooth still stands until today without giving me problems. So I thought the current problem could be solved like before. 

The problem was not the same and he said there was no other way but to get it out. 

Extraction! 

He warned that the tooth might break in the process. Then it had to be dug out meaning a minor surgery, meaning higher fee. All these had me worried.  

He managed to take it out in one piece. I was lucky, and he, a great dentist. 

Then I wanted a tooth replacement done. 

I chose to have an implant. 

He allowed two weeks for the gum to heal. 

On the next visit, he made an evaluation on the condition of the gum whether it was suitable for an implant. The evaluation process included scaling, dental impressions, photograph, x-ray and relevant measurement. 

A week later he gave a proposal and explained the process. It involved three stages. 

Now I have gone through the first stage, minor dental surgery to build the foundation for the implant. As my bone density is less he has to strengthen it. Artificial bone is grafted to it to add volume. The procedure was quite painless but took some time. Even after the local anesthesia has worn off there was not much pain. 

The healing process takes about three months before proceeding to the next stage. 

The second stage involves the insertion of a titanium screw into the bone through the gum. I have to wait for the gum to heal before proceeding further. The healing of the second stage which takes about three months also. 

The third stage is when the porcelain tooth is fixed to the titanium implant. 

So you only get a new tooth in about half a year. 

Now I am only in the first stage healing process. Yesterday visit was to remove the suture. 

Looks like a long wait for a new tooth. It would be a longer waiting time if the healing is slow. 

Oh yea, the cost, I think it may be different for different conditions. 

For me, well, I have to pecah tabung

Is it worth doing the implant? Yes of course. It is the best type of tooth replacement if you can afford it. I had one done before this. After more than ten years it is still ok. Of course, it was cheaper in those days.


Have teeth can smile 

-------------------------------

There my old story, thanks for reading.

Till next post bye.



2 comments:

  1. Hal berkaitan gigi ni rumit, patut dengan harga. Zumal je lepas sekolah dah tak pergi dentist, sakit ja telah ubat. Hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Telan ubat kadang sakit datang balik kalau tak dirawat sepatutnya.

    ReplyDelete