Wednesday 18 November 2020

My Beautiful Cattleya

 Hi

I have a small collection of cattleya orchids in my home garden. Planted them many years ago. Some have overgrown the pots. And so when that happens I would break the original pots and separate the plants and repot them. And after a long span of time, I forget which plant would have what color bloom . . . if ever they will bloom. 

Actually, some of the original plants never even bear flowers. If ever they do the blooms are usually purple and I can't really be proud of them because they are usually small unhealthy unimpressive though the plant itself is healthy with strong roots and thick green leaves. 

That's my fault I think because I don't pay much heed to the importance of proper care which these plants demand.

Would I not be delighted by the beauty of this! 

 


As I am not very good at gardening I don't expect my plant to have a flower as big as this. 

 




 It has a nice fragrance too

 Yaa . . . only one perfect flower in that big pot.

The other one is spastic with the lip missing.  This flower opened first and I thought the flower would be only of one color.

 


 


At bud stage both looked the same, about the same size. 

 





Hope other cattleyas in my collection would feel jealous and start producing beautiful flowers :))
 

Happy gardening.



12 comments:

  1. ini salah satu dari jenis orchid ya ?

    seronokk rumah ada laman dan dipenuhi bunga

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya jenis orkid.
      Tapi itulah pokok bunga ada tapi jarang berbunga.

      Delete
  2. Setakat harini saya cuma ada dua pokok orkid dirumah.Satunya cataleya ungu pemberian abang angkat suami 23 tahun yang lalu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 23 tahun lama tu mcam pokok saya juga la masa CMCO ni baru bunga dia keluar :))

      Delete
  3. Giant Gorgeous Bloom. Masa mekar begini baru rasa penantian berbaloi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah, cantik betul bunga ni. Unik pula tu...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! Mine has no fragrance huh huh. Still, gorgeous I am sure you know. My eyes widen up when I see yours LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yours too are gorgeous and you have 3 perfect ones :)

      Delete
  6. I am not a fan of orchids but yours are really beautiful! I do love fragrant flowers a lot. Never known orchid flower has fragrance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this one has frangrance. Smells quiet significantly in the morning and evening.

      Delete