Saturday 5 September 2020

The Feel Is Festive

Hi

I like the locality where I stay. It is easy to move around and everything is within reach in no time at all, unlike in the big city where I've stayed before moving around was a hassle if you drive. Even if you take the public transport it was always a rush.

Here, though you have less choice, only  the bus, the taxi or the taxi sapu but the lone bus service is quite regular plying the routes. Anyway I like to drive myself because due to thin traffic going place to place to do things is a breeze.

In those days when I was still working I could come home to have lunch and then go back to work for the afternoon session on time. After office I got home in time to watch my favorite TV programme, the interesting South American drama series which I never wanted to miss.

Then after that, a five-minute drive to the tennis court. Life was so uncomplicated in small town. How I loved it then. It was like living in a village. In fact my big town friends used to call me orang kampung.

Lately this place is not as quiet as when I first moved here. Now moving around can be a hassle especially on weekend. Some of my tennis friends avoid playing on Saturdays. Why because driving to the club has become a nightmare as their threshold for traffic snarls is understandably low. 

The big jam has moved on to our roads!

Since the Covid thing brings with it many restrictions to travel to many holiday destinations people find it less of a hassle to come here, a place reasonably just as nice. What more with the fire-sale hotel rates being offered.

Yes the roads, the beaches, the eateries have surely become crowded . . . but somehow I like it. The feel is festive.








Cheers





7 comments:

  1. Masa National Day ramai penduduk bandar rush ke Kampung hehehe...
    Kundasang pun jadi jem, had to cancel my plan to go Ranau for hiking cos all place are fully booked. Don't want to waste precious time on road due to the traffic. Kota Kinabalu outskirts more peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sekali sekala kereta penuh di merata tempat orang ramai beragam ragam macam meriah juga ya, lain dari hari hari biasa yang suasana nya sedikit sunyi.

      Delete
  2. After being under quite pkp, of course will appreciate the crowd and festive feel.. anyway bestnya rumah tepi pantai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sama ditempat saya. Terlalu ramai pelancong masuk best for para peniaga tapi pada masa yang sama penduduk risau covid merebak semula. Nasib pelawat dari kluster sungai tidak meninggalkan covidnya disini. Keputusan negatif. Kita nak bergerak sekitar pun rasa takut dan cuak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nak holidays oversea tak boleh lagi itu yang ramai holiday dalam negara sahaja.
    Lagipun hotel dan resort kat PD harga ok lor... sejak covid-19 melanda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dah lama dorang terkurung baru ada peluang jalan-jalan tapi kini terkurung kembali. Huhu

    ReplyDelete